Friday, October 3, 2014

Whats in my hospital bag….The second time around

Well I'm 35 weeks so I best be gettin ready just in case! I'm feeling nervous because I'm pretty sure this baby is coming early.  For Bostyn, I never had a bag ready. Ya what??! I had to send Mac home to get all our stuff after I was admitted.  Not doing that again. This time I'm going to be a little more organized, plus, I have a better idea as to what to expect in the hospital.... Here's whats in my bag (most everything is there) and Baby's bag…..Dad can throw his stuff in when its time to go.


For Mommy…

  1. Sweat pants- Something comfy to wear in the hospital bed, and something cheap and dark colored….you bleed a lot. You don't want to ruin a $50 pair of Victoria's Secret Sweats, trust me!
  2. Loose comfy tops
  3. Slippers and Socks- I don't really like the hospital socks
  4. Comfortable underwear- Again, something cheap that you wont mind throwing away after......you'll need to.
  5. Comfy bra's
  6. Nursing Tanktops
  7. Postpartum Girdle- If you have never used one, you may not know what it is. Basically you wear it right after you deliver. It holds everything in again and helps move everything back into place…..and yes, they work! It not in the picture because  my new one is coming in the mail :)
  8.  Make up
  9. Dry Shampoo- I swear by this stuff on a regular basis. Its awesome to have if you don't end up washing your hair in the hospital.
  10. Streach Mark Cream 
  11. Deodorant and other toiletries. 
  12. Hair brush, Elastics and Headbands
  13. Tooth brush and toothpaste
The hospital provides a lot for you, like the mesh underwear, pads, diapers, formula, and you can actually clean them out pretty good when you leave so you don't need to worry about stuff like that. 


Electronics
For some people, they said that they were in so much pain and so uncomfortable and had to focus so much on breathing and contractions, so they didn't have time to use any of them. Which may be the case for you. For me, I had an epidural as soon as I walked in there so my labor was really relaxing and  labor was 8 hours so I had lots of time, to play on the laptop, take pictures, and watch movies. So you may use them you may not. 
  • Camera, lens's, memory card, and charger
  • Phone charger
  • Laptop
  • iphone
  • Movies
For Daddy.....
  1. Snacks
  2. Change of clothes
  3. Laptop
  4. Homework
  5. Phone Charger
  6. Pillow and blankets- Hospital pillows SUCK
For Baby…

  1. Sweet little PJ's :)
  2. Plain white Onsies- I just like the way they look in pictures, and again I don't really like everything the hospital provides
  3. Swaddle blankets- These Bamboo ones are AMAZING! Again I'm bringing my own swaddle blankets because I think they look better in pictures
  4. A couple outfits
  5. Bottles- You normally don't need these. I have to have special ones for my baby
  6. Binkies- Only if you have a specific one you want your baby to use, otherwise, the hospital has them.

 photo Untitled-1_zpsc49e7533.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment