Friday, November 14, 2014

Riley Jack Huish // Birth story


I  feel so overwhelmed with gratitude. We have a healthy baby boy. For 40 weeks and one day not only did I stress about his clefting condition, but other health issues that were very possible he'd have. We were told to get further genetic testing and were told that he was abnormally small at our last perinatologist app. It felt like we just couldn't get good news from anyone, every time we'd go in for an ultrasound there were just more un answered questions and more worries added to our already full list. It was a guessing game. A waiting game. Our fears and worries were suddenly gone the moment we saw his face. I had no more fears. I knew he was perfect. Although I was in labor for 19 hours the experience what an answered prayer. The moment you see your little human is a moment that cannot be explained in words. 

I originally planed on an induction on the 3rd. My doctors were fine to take him a week early since he was my second baby as long as I was at least a 2 in dilation, or effaced. Week after week I was not progressing. I was about a 1 and 0% effaced for 5 weeks straight!! Finally week 39 came around and I could not believe he hadn't already come on his own, and was obviously disappointed that I couldn't quite be induced yet. A couple days before I was officially 40 weeks I went in for an appointment to have my membranes stripped.  Dr. Jacobs came in the room and said "Hey, lets just do it! Lets induce you" I couldn't believe that he was offering to do it. I obviously didn't argue, and he put me on the schedule for the following Monday to be induced and Timpanogos. He was confident by that point I would be at least a 2 by then. Monday came around we got bostyn all taken care of with  my mom and headed out the door. We got to the hospital about 8:30 and was admitted. Dr Jacobs came in and checked me and, Oh guess what! I was still at a 1…… They got me started on the Pitocin to start contractions and thats what I did for the next 7 or 8 hours. No Epidural yet either because we didn't want it to slow down labor. They checked me throughout the day and I was not progressing. WHAT!!!!  I couldn't believe nothing was happening.  Dr Jacobs said he couldn't break my water until my cervix did something. So my nurse said we could give it one more hour before Dr Jacobs went home and he could check on his way out other wise they may send me home. I wanted to die!!!! I didn't progress at all after being on Pitocin the entire day! About 30 minutes before Dr Jacobs came to check me suddenly my contractions became horribly intense which I knew was a good thing.  I let my cute nurse know and Dr Jacobs came it and talked to me about a couple options we had. He said if I hadn't make any changes then he was going to send me home with a couple tablets to soften my cervix thought the night and then I would come back and we would try again, or he would brake my water and give me my Epidural and go from there. I swore I wasn't going home without a baby!! He was excited to tell my I was finally and a 2 and started effacing more and went ahead and broke my water. My contractions obviously got much worse and I was then able to get an Epidural.  It was now 6 PM. Dilated to a 2. I had lots of friends and family come by to help brake up the night.

9 PM came around and she said I was about a 3. UGH!!! I was getting so frustrated. Even though I knew they weren't going to send me home now that my water was broken, but still my body was just done.  A couple more hours went by and it was Midnight. I couldn't believe it. This was my second baby and I had been in labor for double the time. She checked me and I was still a 3. My blood pressure had dropped pretty dramatically and baby had stopped moving. She put something in my IV that was supposed to help wake everything up again and put a ball in-between my legs to help open my pelvis. about 40 minutes later she came back in and said I was at a 9!!!! I went from a 3 to a 9 in less then an hour! He was ready! My doctor was down at Utah Valley delivering another baby so my nurse kept telling me to not push because he was going to come any minute. When my doctor finally got here I started pushing. It wasn't more then 8 minutes of pushing before my little guy was here. Just 7lbs and 19.5in long.


He was so perfect. He was everything I had dreamed of. I had waisted so much time and energy worrying so much about the health of our son, but he was here. There would be no more worrying. He was perfect. 




We feel beyond blessed to have such a healthy happy baby boy!  He is so perfect and sweet. God is good.  


 photo Untitled-1_zpsc49e7533.jpg

1 comment:

  1. ASH!!!!! I am in love with this little man and in love with you and your adorable family. Reading your story just gave me chills the whole TIME!!! Goodness that boy is so very special and so sweet. He is seriously so perfect and handsome. Not fun to be in labor double the time as bostyn but then they are ready to come they are ready just like how you all the sudden jumped to a 9! totally awesome!!! love your beautiful pictures. sure hope everything is going well. hope you are feeling well. love your face girl!!! miss your face tons!! keep blogging so i can feel like i am still in your life bahah. and i will get back to blogging to!! love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete